This challenge has ended! Congratulations Flonk!
I was sure I would get a good grade, but after turning in
Flonk's my work, my professor did not believe it was mine and also could not understand why it was so complicated... I failed and my mom grounded me from Facebook and Minecraft for a month. I don't understand. :(
Thanks for all your submissions! Some great answers here. The official winner is Flonk with a score of 64. The top 5 are:
- Flonk, 64 (Haskell, with efficient maths!)
- DigitalTrauma, 40 (The cloud, the future is now)
- primo, 38 (Python, and my personal favorite - and very professional much!)
- Sylwester, 20 (Racket, although Janember is stretching it!)
- ilmale, 16 (A highly optimized algorithm in Lua)
Original challenge below.
Please help me, it's very urgent!!! :(
I need to convert shortened versions of month names to their longer representations (e.g "Dec" -> "December"), case-insensitive. Right now I'm using Java; the month's name is a String and I would rather not convert it to a Date object first. Any language will do, though.
Is there an easy way to do this?? Go easy please I am a newbie to programming!
This is a code trolling popularity contest (the best kind there is!). The answer with the most upvotes on Apr 8, 2014 wins.