This question already has an answer here:
- Largest Number Printable 72 answers
I found a really interesting puzzle it was called Busy Brain Beaver. But it has been 3 years since the latest activity and there are some things I didn't like about it. So I decided to make a new one.
I want this one to be more brainfuck focused:
- Your goal is to make a brainfuck program that outputs the biggest number.
- It has to output that number in finite time so you can't say
+[+].outputs infinity (it doesn't have to terminate ex:
- Your program can only be 500 useful characters(non-brainfuck characters don't count)
- You can assume
.outputs your number (in decimal notation).
- Only the first output counts (so you can't say
- You can't ask for input so
- This takes place in a special brainfuck environment:
- There are an infinite amount of cell to the left and to the right.
- All cells start at 0
- All cells can hold any integer (so
-at 0 becomes -1)
- Give an approximation (lower bound) for which number your program would output (given an arbitrarily finite time) (if you are using a special notation please say which one or provide a link)
- An explanation of your algorithm would be appreciated. (posting the formatted and commented version will be appreciated too)
Not a duplicate
It was marked as a possible duplicate of Largest Number Printable I think this is different because:
- This question is brainfuck focused. And in largest number printable brainfuck isn't even allowed. Yes they are both a busy beaver. But if you think these two are duplicates then any two busy beavers are duplicates. The difference between a brainfuck contest and a non-brainfuck contest is really big. And before it got closed people seemed to have a lot of interest in this one.
- The goal here is to output a long number not a lot of bytes
Leader Board (top 10)
- Gabriel Benamy 2↑↑↑411
- Mike Bufardeci 4277772 = 163*(162*162)
- fejfo 60762 = 246*247