Your task is to print a number. Simple, right? It is simple, but not as simple as this. The first answer is to print the number 1, the second answer is to print the number 2, etc.
- The first answer must print 1, and the
nth answer must print
- The first answer may be of any length.
- Whitespace, comments, etc. are permitted.
- The next answer's submission's length must within 1 unit of the previous answer's length. That is, if a submissions length is
L, the next submission must be of length
L + 1or
L - 1. The length is measured in characters, not bytes.
- No language may be used more than once.
- No person may answer earlier than eight hours after their most recent answer.
- No person may answer twice in a row.
- You may not use a REPL environment.
To win, you must have the most valid answers to this question. You may use a language updated after/ made later than this challenge so long as the language was not intended to answer this challenge.
All answers must conform to this template.
# Answer N, Lang name, M characters program optional description
A leader board will be maintained here in this section. (If anyone wants to create a leader board counting the number of submissions a person has, I will give them a 50 rep bounty on any answer to this question.)