It's bound to be somebody's birthday today, so why not bake them a cake. Use your favourite programming language to make a delicious cake, with a nice "Happy Birthday" message as the output. (Might I suggest Chef!)
Your cake should
- Mimic a real world recipe (if you can link to it, brilliant!)
- a list of newline separated ingredients suitable for making a cake
- a newline separated list of steps for the method
- how many people it serves
- Stay as close to correct ingredient ratios as possible.
- Output minimally "Happy Birthday" when served.
The best cakes will be:
- Delicious - since this is a popularity-contest, the community will decide what is delicious
- Personalised - try baking a custom happy birthday message to somebody specific. (If you can't find a PPGC user, why not a celebrity?)
- Balanced - Try to use a suitable number of ingredients for the amount of servings the recipe prepares.
1000 eggs, serves 1for one serving is probably just a teensy bit
- Outlandish - You can bake more than just a basic sponge, for example, include some icing, a drizzle, serve with sauce, decorations, etc.
- Visually appealing - images are good either in the source code as ascii or in the output. The first "byte" is with the eyes after all.
And don't forget, good bakers don't cut corners and do things properly. (Don't just use no-op code to make it look like a recipe then print, make sure your code means something) I encourage voters to view these recipes negatively.