Remove unneeded words
Look at this (inserting newlines and whitespace for readability):
Puck:You is a big big cat!
Open your heart!
Ajax:Be you worse than I?
If so, let us return to Scene V!
If not, you is a cat.
You is the sum of I and the sum of a cat and you
Speak thy mind!
Looks pretty golfed eh? Here's an even more stripped down unintelligible form:
Puck:You big big cat!
Ajax:Be you worse I?
If so, let us Scene V!
If not, you cat.
You is the sum of I the sum of a cat you
For reference, here's a list of easily removable words from code:
- Speak thy mind -> Speak thy
- Open your heart -> Open heart *
- Listen to thy heart -> Listen to thy
- Open your mind -> Open mind! *
- You is a cat -> You cat *
- Only applies to constants such as
big cat, otherwise you still need the 'is'
- Let us return to -> Let us
- Be X [op] than Y? -> Be X [op] Y?
- You is [op] of X and Y -> You is [op]X Y *
- [Exeunt] -> (removed entirely)
Y are constants like
[op] are operations like
the sum of
- * means you can remove the punctuation if it's the last sentence of the play
If I come across any others I'll add it to the list.
For extra reference, here's the shortest header to start off a program:
,.Ajax,.Puck,.Act I:.Scene I:.[Enter Ajax and Puck]
Try it online!
Add Page and Ford as extra characters as necessary.