Create and save file in Vim containing at least 25 ASCII characters. The exact keystrokes used during the creation and saving of this file must also produce identical contents in Windows Notepad (without having to save in Notepad).
- For the purposes of this challenge, Vim begins open in command mode.
- The mouse is not allowed.
- Shift is allowed. Ctrl, alt, or any other modifier keys are not allowed.
- Your solution must work with the default "terminal" (non-GUI) Vim shipped with either Ubuntu 11.04 or OS X 10.6.7 (one of the two). Assume this Vim's
set nocompatible(with no line break after it), which is itself located at
~/.vimrc. Pretend your operating system was just installed before opening Vim.
- You must not open any pre-existing files except for your
.vimrc. Any files you create while solving this puzzle may be saved and re-opened as many times as necessary.
- Vim cannot be closed!
Disclosure, and a possible reason to close: I do not have a solution.