Your task is to write the shortest possible Pong game without human interaction, so AI plays vs AI. I assume all of you know Pong, just to make sure, this is the target (just as running code):
The following game rules apply:
- No ASCII "graphics".
- You must actually have code to count the scores, even if the AI never scores.
- It must be possible to adjust the size of the output window/area in some way to any (reasonable) size. Which means you must include some form of output scaling.
- No need for a menu or other features of the game, just what's in the video.
The following play fair rules apply as well:
- No language specifically designed for code golfing.
- You may only use standard libraries offered by the language of your choice. No external library downloading, no jQuery, no full-sized game-libraries.
Exception: if no library for graphical output is available with the default offering of the language of your choice, you are allowed to use a library that offers basic graphical output similar to what other languages include in their basic library set.
importstatements (or however they are called in your language) can be skipped in the character count.
- Doorknob-rule: The paddles may not be bigger than 15% of the game area.
- -50 if you include sound. External sound sources (e.g. wav) do not need to be added to the char count and may be downloaded during execution. If you choose to copy & paste the data into the code, only the actual data is allowed to be skipped for character count.
- Another -150 (for -200 total) if you do not use external sounds but generate it. Generate means: you have some form of sound synthesizing, copy & pasting e.g. wav data does not count.