This question already has an answer here:
- MacGyver's Second Toolbox 3 answers
In this question each answer will get a "toolbox" that can be used to construct a program/function. The toolbox will consist of two things:
a list of programming languages
a list of valid characters
You must write a valid program/function in one of the languages provided using only the characters in the toolbox. Your program/function should output the number of answers already present on this question.
Once you have written and posted an answer the language and characters you have used will be removed from the toolbox and 1 new language and 12 new characters will be randomly added to be used as the toolbox for the next answer.
Each answer will:
- Output the number of valid answers coming before it
- Contain a subset of the characters provided in the toolbox for that answer. (repeats are allowed)
- Be in one of the languages from the provided toolbox
The next toolbox will determined by this python program. To generate the next toolbox put in the remaining languages and characters along with the post id of the last answer.
The language list here is all the languages available on try it online at the time of this post. The characters have char codes 0-127.
You may write either a full program or a function as your answer. Since REPLs are different languages they will not be allowed. (use the TIO version of every language)
If a language uses a special encoding the characters should be interpreted as bytes (decoded from ASCII and padded with a zero).
The starting toolbox will be randomized from this questions post id (126063), there will be 7 languages to start and I will add the characters
echoprint0and ascii 0-31 for free to get people started.
You may not answer twice in a row
Each person will have a score equal to the number valid answers they have provided. There will not necessarily be an end and I will not be accepting any answers.
This is a competition, but I encourage you to put fun above winning while still staying competitive (if I could make the winning criteria "fun had" I would). Some things that are not fun:
- Intentionally using characters you don't need to stunt future answers.
- Attempting to game the post id system to make future tool boxes harder to use.
- Attempting to game the post id system to make future tool boxes easier to use.
I can't prevent any one from doing these things, but I will be downvoting any answers I suspect are doing this.
On a more positive note, here are some things that are good sporting and encouraged:
- Coordinating with other users in chat.
- Saving characters for harder or more restrictive languages