Your task is to create a program which, given an input string, will output the first Google autocomplete result for that search. The format of input/output is up to you.
- Your program must take 1 input, a string, and output the top Google autocomplete/auto-fill suggestions result. The format of input/output is up to you. Just be sure to mention what your I/O format is.
- Obviously, accessing the Internet is allowed.
- URL shorteners (like bit.ly, TinyURL, etc.) are strictly disallowed. You should fetch your autocomplete results from this URL: http://suggestqueries.google.com/complete/search?client=your_browser&q=your_query or http://google.com/complete/search?client=your_browser&q=your_query. You are allowed to assume any browser name (or string, for that matter) for
client. In the program I wrote, I assume Chrome. Any browser name or string should work. You are allowed to pass any options to the webpage as long as you are using some variant of http://suggestqueries.google.com/complete/search.
- Please provide an explanation of how your program works. It is not mandatory, but I strongly advise it.
- All standard loopholes are strictly forbidden.
These are constantly changing, so edit this post if these become out-of-date.
'how to' => 'how to make slime' 'code golf' => 'code golf languages' 'you' => 'youtube' 'g' => 'google' (why would you google 'google'?)
This is code-golf, so may the shortest code win and the best programmer prosper...