Here's the phonetic alphabet:
Alfa Bravo Charlie Delta Echo Foxtrot Golf Hotel India Juliett Kilo Lima Mike November Oscar Papa Quebec Romeo Sierra Tango Uniform Victor Whiskey X-ray Yankee Zulu
In the fewest bytes possible:
- Input will be these words in a random order, with the first letters removed.
- Your goal is to arrange the words back to their original order using only the letters you now have. In other words: work out how '[A]lfa' comes before '[B]ravo', and so on. Your code must not refer the original list, index keys, etc.
- Restore the original first letters of each word.
- The hyphen in X-ray is probably evil, but needs to stay, for I am also evil.
- The result can be a string (comma or newline separated, for example), or an array.
- The spellings and letter cases are non-negotiable.
- No need to show example output in answers.