:pkq olWdeky=ci=mkhamT._:lkq ha XeR hapmRae=c Yc._0l'=W fxffWgW XYWghSic,_pui 4ggTiui=W eamR!###
Ia YiumUbu Wlx=ci fxtc_
_9We oWi lmzpW WiZmaeuhSic,_;u ;AaqpameR!
Try it online!
Woohoo, just under 200 bytes.
The main idea is to avoid the actual Unicode characters for the most part, because they just blow up the byte count if they are used everwhere. Instead, I represent each Greek letter by an ASCII letter or digit. It turns out that the relevant letters from
Α (that's an alpha) to
ώ span exactly 62 code points. That's 10 + 26 + 26, the number of ASCII digits and letters. The other Unicode character we've got is
¶, which Retina uses to represent linefeeds. We can save a few more bytes by replacing that with
_. Then the shorthand
w in transliteration stages contains exactly the 63 characters we've used as substitutions, and we can represent the range this is mapped to using only 3 2-byte characters (
¶ and the two ends of the Greek letter range).
Hence, the code is fairly illegible for the most part, since this substitution is done in the very last stage. Let's undo this to make a bit more sense of the code:
:του σπαθιού=ην=ρομερή.¶:που με βιά μετράει=η γη.¶Απ'=α κόκκαλα βγαλμένη,¶των Ελλήνων=α ιερά!###
Σε γνωρίζω από=ην κόψη¶
¶Και σαν πρώτα ανδρειωμένη,¶;ω ;Λευτεριά!
That looks a bit more like the stuff we want to output. The very first stage simply sets up the overall framework. It contains all the unique parts of the output as well as some more placeholders for repeated parts:
: stands for the first and third line. They end up being slightly different, because the
κ is missing from the third line, which is why the very last stage removes the second
κ in the result.
# stands for the last two lines, which are repeated three times.
; stands for the repeated
χαίρε in those lines.
= stands for a word beginning with
τ (and the space preceding it). There are just enough of those for this to save a single byte.