Find 2 integers from an unordered list that sum to a given integer.
- Given an unordered list of integers, find 2 integers that sum to a given value, print these 2 integers, and indicate success (exit 0). They don't need to be any particular numbers (i.e. the first 2 integers summing to the right number), any pair that sums to the value will work.
- an integer is positive and greater than zero.
- a list of integers can be in any data structure including a file of integers - one integer per line.
- if no integers can be found, indicate a failure (exit 1).
- two integers at different positions in list must be returned. (i.e. you can't return the same number from the same position twice)
(Note: in the video, these are not exactly the requirements. The 'interviewer' changed his multiple times.)
sum2 8 <<EOF 1 7 4 6 5 3 8 2 EOF
5 and exit status is 0.
Note that in this
2,6 would also be allowed results.
sum2 8 <<EOF 1 2 3 4
Returns exit status 1 since no possible combo.
4,4 isn't allowed, per rule 5.