People on this site really love to embellish their post titles...
Stewie's sequence: + * - / + * - /
However, when this title needs to be included in the page URL, it is simplified:
Your task is to create a program or function which, given a string representing a post title, outputs/returns its "URL-Friendly" conversion.
The algorithm is:
- Convert to lowercase (where applicable)
- Replace every space (
), period (
,) or slash (
/) with a dash (
- Remove any non-alphanumeric characters, except dashes.
- Minify groups of adjacent dashes (
a---b -> a-b), remove any that are leading/trailing.
Please note that this algorithm is a simplification, and may not always produce the same results as the site's real method.
- You can assume that input:
- Will not be empty.
- Will contain at least one alphanumeric character.
- Will only contain characters in the ASCII range 32-126 (printable)
- Full programs or functions are permitted.
- A builtin which does the exact task specification is not permitted.
- This is code-golf, so the shortest solution (in bytes) wins!
Most posts on this site will serve as tests, but here's a handy list:
Loading... Forever -> loading-forever N(e(s(t))) a string -> nest-a-string "Hello, World!" -> hello-world URL-Friendly titles -> url-friendly-titles C.U.S.R.S -> c-u-s-r-s 1+2+3+4+...+n = -1/12? -> 1234-n-1-12 How can I use cmp(a,b) -> how-can-i-use-cmpa-b
Some longer ones...
Export The $PATH Variable, Line-By-Line -> export-the-path-variable-line-by-line Do n and n^3 have the same set of digits? -> do-n-and-n3-have-the-same-set-of-digits Quine Anagrams! (Cops' Thread) -> quine-anagrams-cops-thread The Golfer Adventure - Chapter 1 -> the-golfer-adventure-chapter-1 Bootloader golf: Brainf*** -> bootloader-golf-brainf
And some edge-case checking samples (feel free to suggest more):
0123 -> 0123 a a1 -> a-a1 2-1=1 -> 2-11