17 replaced http://codegolf.stackexchange.com/ with https://codegolf.stackexchange.com/
source | link
16 added 483 characters in body
source | link

Task 5, Prelude, 219 179179 96 bytes

Esolangs page for Prelude.

Stack Snippet interpreter for Prelude.

7+^+^+^+^+^!2-^^!9-!7+^!8-^!2+^^!1-!^^!6+!3-^!8+^!2-^^^!9-^^^8-!4+!^^^!6-!9+^!3-^!4+!6-!6+^!1+^^!7-^!6-!3+!929+129+716705-^^!3+!^!67607-!305-^^!7+!^!34759+705-^^^^!914129+05-^!218705-!2+^!1+!929+719+05-!3+^^!11507-^!519+39+449+767549+03-^^!6+^!4+!!4+68(67+^+^+^++!)

This started out as a standard hand-crafted fixed-output Prelude program with three voices. After some chat with Sp3000 I decided to try a single voice. It turned out that this worked quite well, because it's much easier to reuse older letters. I'm fairly certain thisThen Dennis gave me a few hints and I found the current version: the idea is still suboptimalpush all the offsets from the letter h onto the stack of a single voice in reverse order, but this approach seems more amenable to automated metaand then just print them one at a time in a loop. h is chosen because there is no h in the string (which is important -golfers otherwise the 0 offset would terminate the loop) and because it minimises the encoding of the offsets in terms of two-digit and negative offsets.

The offset encoding was generated with this CJam script.

Task 5, Prelude, 219 179 bytes

Esolangs page for Prelude.

7+^+^+^+^+^!2-^^!9-!7+^!8-^!2+^^!1-!^^!6+!3-^!8+^!2-^^^!9-^^^8-!4+!^^^!6-!9+^!3-^!4+!6-!6+^!1+^^!7-^!6-!3+!9-^^!3+!^!6-!3-^^!7+!^!3-^^^^!9-^!2-!2+^!1+!9-!3+^^!1-^!5-^^!6+^!4+!!4+!

This started out as a standard hand-crafted fixed-output Prelude program with three voices. After some chat with Sp3000 I decided to try a single voice. It turned out that this worked quite well, because it's much easier to reuse older letters. I'm fairly certain this is still suboptimal, but this approach seems more amenable to automated meta-golfers.

Task 5, Prelude, 219 179 96 bytes

Esolangs page for Prelude.

Stack Snippet interpreter for Prelude.

29+129+716705-7607-05-4759+705-14129+05-18705-29+719+05-1507-19+39+449+767549+03-68(67+^+^+^++!)

This started out as a standard hand-crafted fixed-output Prelude program with three voices. After some chat with Sp3000 I decided to try a single voice. It turned out that this worked quite well, because it's much easier to reuse older letters. Then Dennis gave me a few hints and I found the current version: the idea is push all the offsets from the letter h onto the stack of a single voice in reverse order, and then just print them one at a time in a loop. h is chosen because there is no h in the string (which is important - otherwise the 0 offset would terminate the loop) and because it minimises the encoding of the offsets in terms of two-digit and negative offsets.

The offset encoding was generated with this CJam script.

15 added 131 characters in body
source | link

Task 5, Prelude, 219219 179 bytes

66+(1-)^9-!^2+!^6+7+^+^+^+^+^!v5-62-^^!v2v#+9-!v4+7+^!v38-^! ^62+^^!1-!^3+^^!v v7+6+!63-!^  !v1- !v 8+^!  v2-^^^!
4   9+ 9-^^^8-!^7+4+!^1+^^^!^36-!^6+!^8+9+^!^6+3-^!v ^# 4+!^3+  6-!v v6+^!6+1+^^!v37-^! ^26-!v   3+!v v#4+9-^^!
2   9+ 3+!v1-^!v2+6-!v5+3-^^!v1+ 7+!^9+8+^!^9-3-^^^^!^69-^!v  2-!^62+^!1+!9-!v^ ^3+^^!1- 1+ ^!65-^^!^6-6+^!^  4+!!4+!

A ratherThis started out as a standard hand-crafted fixed-output Prelude program with three voices. I'm sure this could be shortened considerably butAfter some chat with Sp3000 I haven't yet figureddecided to try a single voice. It turned out any good techniquesthat this worked quite well, because it's much easier to golf programs likereuse older letters. I'm fairly certain this is still suboptimal, but this approach seems more amenable to automated meta-golfers.

Task 5, Prelude, 219 bytes

66+(1-)^9-!^2+!^6+!v5-6-!v2v#+!v4+!v3-! ^6-!^3+!v v7+!6-!^  !v1- !v !  v!
4   9+ !^7+!^1+!^3-!^6+!^8+!^6+!v ^# !^3+  !v v!6+!v3-! ^2-!v   !v v#4+!
2   9+ !v1-!v2+!v5+!v1+ !^9+8+!^9-3-!^6-!v  !^6-!v^ ^!1- 1+ !6-!^6-!^  !

A rather standard hand-crafted fixed-output Prelude program. I'm sure this could be shortened considerably but I haven't yet figured out any good techniques to golf programs like this.

Task 5, Prelude, 219 179 bytes

7+^+^+^+^+^!2-^^!9-!7+^!8-^!2+^^!1-!^^!6+!3-^!8+^!2-^^^!9-^^^8-!4+!^^^!6-!9+^!3-^!4+!6-!6+^!1+^^!7-^!6-!3+!9-^^!3+!^!6-!3-^^!7+!^!3-^^^^!9-^!2-!2+^!1+!9-!3+^^!1-^!5-^^!6+^!4+!!4+!

This started out as a standard hand-crafted fixed-output Prelude program with three voices. After some chat with Sp3000 I decided to try a single voice. It turned out that this worked quite well, because it's much easier to reuse older letters. I'm fairly certain this is still suboptimal, but this approach seems more amenable to automated meta-golfers.

14 added 529 characters in body
source | link
13 Fixed very minor typo
source | link
12 added 3535 characters in body
source | link
11 deleted 1 character in body
source | link
10 added 2 characters in body
source | link
9 added 3 characters in body
source | link
8 deleted 72 characters in body
source | link
7 added 1394 characters in body
source | link
6 added 281 characters in body
source | link
5 deleted 382 characters in body
source | link
4 added 6 characters in body
source | link
3 deleted 3 characters in body
source | link
2 added 1002 characters in body
source | link
1
source | link